Job Title: Automotive Body Shop Technician, Fabricator, Welder
With a heritage spanning over 75 years, Wilcox Limousines has been a leading name in the funeral vehicle industry. We take pride in crafting high-quality vehicles that honour and serve families during their most difficult times. As a family-owned business, we have built a strong reputation for excellence and are seeking a skilled and dedicated person to join our team.
As an Automotive Body Shop Technician, you will play a crucial role in maintaining and repairing vehicles to the highest standards. Your expertise in body shop work and general automotive systems will contribute to our commitment to quality craftsmanship. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting body repair work, including panel straightening, dent removal, and frame alignment.
- Performing welding, cutting, and metal fabrication as needed for vehicle repairs.
- Repairing or replacing damaged vehicle components, such as doors, fenders, bumpers, and trims.
- Inspecting completed work to ensure it meets our quality standards.
- Collaborating with the team to coordinate repair schedules and ensure efficient workflow.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area, ensuring the proper storage of tools and materials.
- Adhering to safety protocols and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Previous experience working in a body shop, preferably in the automotive industry.
- General knowledge of automotive systems and repair techniques.
- Possess a clean full UK driving license for a minimum of one year.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to handle challenges that may arise during repairs.
- Good time management skills to meet repair deadlines.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment and following safety protocols.
Join Our Team:
At Wilcox Limousines, we understand the importance of providing dignified and reliable vehicles to funeral professionals. By joining our team, you will contribute to our mission of crafting exceptional funeral vehicles and supporting families during their time of need. We offer a supportive and inclusive work environment where your skills and expertise will be valued and rewarded.
To apply, please submit your updated CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications. We look forward to reviewing your application and potentially welcoming you to our thriving family business.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: From £26,000.00 per year
Benefits: Company pension
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: Wigan: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Experience: Body shop: 2 years (required)
Work location: In person
Note: The job description and requirements mentioned above are subject to change based on the needs of the business.